This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
I suppose most users of this site are much more computer literate than me. How important is it to you to keep it that way? Why hide the help desk in drop down menus which make it difficult to find for the truly clueless [AS IN--- PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED HELP??]
If it is you intention to keep this wiki somewhat elite, I suppose this is one way to screen your participants, but a few persistent Clueless Ones like me will eventually sneak in. Sorry.
Is there a suggestion box forum somewhere too? Where there is no clear place for something, it ends up scattered all over. Sloppy. I get the impression you are trying to keep things neat here. Neat is good. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jadisofeternity (talk • contribs)
- No offense, but you make it sound like we're purposely trying to hide information from people. I admit that the wiki could be organized a little better, but we're certainly not trying to make it difficult for anyone to find what they need. The whole point of a wiki is to provide an encyclopedic resource for anyone who is interested in the topic. I apologize if I interpreted your words wrongly, though.
- I've added some more links to the wiki navigation system. Hovering your mouse over the Forums link now displays a drop-down menu with direct links to the Help Desk and Site Discussions forums. I plan to add even more links to make it easier to find what you need.
- As far as the home page is concerned, I am definitely going to add more links beneath the slideshow. Ideally, I would like to completely overhaul that page, but please keep in mind that I am not very skilled with wiki coding. I will do my best to improve the functionality of the home page, though.
- If you have any more suggestions, please let us know. The more specific you are about what needs to be changed, the easier it will be to correct the problems. I appreciate your honest input, as it will help us to make the wiki better. Katara20 (talk) 18:08, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I did not mean trying to hide information, I meant trying to make it harder to find/add things, to scare away clueless people, and I was just being sarcastic. If I thought that was your intention I would not bother to offer feedback.
- Overall I think you are doing a good job in trying to get things organized. I do realize this is all work in progress, I should have been less sarcastic and more specific as you say. I'll try to be more clear on future suggestions :DJadisofeternity 03:06, December 8, 2011 (UTC)